Pages

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Thursday 8 October 2015


'The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.'


What an amazing book. If I could, I'd give it a million stars! Definitely one of my top 5 for 2015.

I have to admit that I was really concerned before I started to read this book. The reason was, that I wasn't a big fan of the Grisha Trilogy (I know what you might be thinking, but I really didn't like it!). So I was a bit worried whether this was going to be the same, since it revolves around the same theme. But I kept reading amazing reviews about it, so I thought I'd give it a try. And I'm so glad that I did!!!

The story was unbelievable, the plot kept you at the edge of your seat and I could not predict not one thing! The characters... what can I say - I loved them all! But my favourite one was by far Kaz... Oh, give me a man with brains and I'm on the floor! * awkward * I loved the way he was thinking and plotting and planning, I even loved the way he was after revenge. But also, he had some amazing lines in this book! The banter between the characters was really cool and made me laugh multiple times!

The author goes through each character and in a very clever way talks about their past and how they ended up all together. She makes you connect with each one, and I really enjoyed that each chapter was seen from a different character's point of view.

Six of Crows had everything and I can't wait for the next book!


Favourite Quotes:

' " Remember what I told you at Hellgate, Nina?" 
   "It's hard to keep track of all your wisdom." '

' "Stay," she panted. Tears leaked from her eyes. "Stay till the end"
  "And after," he said. "And always." '




Six of Crows
by Leigh Bardugo
Published: September 29, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment