Pages

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

Tuesday 27 October 2015


“Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake.”

In the name of all that is cold, that was awesome!

I had this book in my To-Read list since October 2014! One year later and I've finally managed to read it. And I loved every minute of it!

The world is so unique and interesting, with the different 'countries' being named after the 4 seasons and having the same season all year around. I really enjoyed learning about it and about the magic, the politics that took place and so on.

“Someday we will be more than words in the dark.” 


The protagonist is Meira and I managed to connect with her from the beginning. I was ok with the love triangle, even though I thought it took place quite quickly, given the fact that Meira was infatuated with Mather from the start. And of course there is no competition for me: team Theron for sure!

I enjoyed the writing style and I was really invested in the story. Now I'm off to book #2. :)


Favourite Quote:

"That's why literature is so fascinating. It's always up for interpretation, and could be a hundred different things to a hundred different people. It's never the same thing twice."


Snow Like Ashes
by Sara Raasch
Published: October 14, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment