Pages

Candidate by Rachel E. Carter

Friday 29 January 2016


'Isn't the best bit of truth always woven in with a lie?'

Oh.My.God.
I am lost for words once again after finishing one of Rachel's books. What can I say... I just didn't see that coming...

'Little girl, don't you know? The world is made up of shades of grey.'


This is the third book in this amazing series that keeps getting better and better. I thought that it was going to be only about the candidacy but I was wrong. It was more, so much more! It was full of powerful scenes from page one and an amazing plot that keeps you guessing. I loved the detailed candidacy fights, and let's just say that my emotions went up and down like a roller coaster throughout the book!

It was nice to meet again with Ryiah and Darren, as well as with some of the other characters we've seen before in books #1 and #2. All the characters seem to have evolved and you get to see different parts of their personality as well as their views and perceptions.  Also we are introduced to some new people that really add to the story.

'Evil. Corruption. Greed.'


I don't think that I've ever disliked a book character as much as King Lucius - Darren's father. Oh my, I just wanted to punch him in the face! Even though by the time I finished this book, there were some more characters that I wanted to give them a slap or two!

I was also a bit frustrated with Ry and her obsession of being better than Darren, being the best... Especially towards the end with everything that was taking place, I found her reaction very unreasonable.

Nothing though could prepare me for the last third of the book. You never know who to trust, who is your enemy and who's going to betray you.

Can't wait for book #4 to see how this amazing series is going to end.


Favourite Quotes:

'For every little girl who wished for a sword instead of a tiara. And for every little girl who wished for a tiara. Because tiaras are pretty cool, too. And for the girl that wanted both. Because that just kicks ass.'


Candidate
by Rachel E. Carter
Published: October 26, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment