Pages

Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes

Monday 8 February 2016

'And so it begins.'

I just finished reading Rebel Spring and I just had to sit down and write my review straight away. What an amazing second installment. Fast paced, full of magic and corruption, it takes you into an incredible journey within kingdoms and realms.

The characters get more complicated and intense and the story thickens, gets darker and more evil - if that's possible. Not a dull moment or a boring chapter in sight. The events unfold in every page and more revelations and more lies come to the surface. You can't trust anyone. And you never know who's going to survive or not. There were at least 2-3 instances where I gasped out loud and I just could not believe what I was reading.

“I believe we make our own destinies, every last one of us.”


I really liked that you get to see the story from many people's point of view - lots of characters have chapters from their own POV. Even King Gaius - I find it very interesting when you get into a villain's head and you see how he thinks and feels.

------- P O S S I B L E   S P O I L E R --------

I still like Magnus the most out of all the characters. He has such a complicated personality and it's really interesting to see how he feels and thinks versus how he actually acts. Is it bad that I ship Magnus and Cleo???

I still consider this to be an amazing book series and can't wait to jump into book #3!


Favourite Quote:

'For ten thousand centimos, I'm tempted to turn myself in.'


Rebel Spring
by Morgan Rhodes
Published: December 3, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment