Pages

Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes

Friday 12 February 2016

Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes

"I am my magic, and my magic is as old as the stars."

I think I've been saying this about all the books in this series, but WOW... Just WOW... No words. The amount of betrayal, double-crossing, revelations, murders, deceit, backstabbing (literally) this book has is unbelievable! I'm both amazed and shocked at the same time.

"There are no guarantees in this life, only strong possibilities."


Again there were loads of gasping moments (even more than the previous books). At one point I thought that there would be no more characters left alive!

"You are King Gaius's secret weapon, a girl of prophecy and magic."


The hunt for the crystals and the obtainment of absolute power continues. The amount of interest towards them grows, since more and more characters seem to be after them, ready to look after their own interests and agendas.We have characters that are ruthless and thirsty for what those crystals promise to give them. They even make King Gaius look nice (shocking, I know!).

"You control your destiny, princess. No one else."


But also there was lots of love in all its forms and friendship. But of course not all of them last...

The pace was incredibly fast with unbelievable things that were happening left, right and center. The twists, oh my God the twists were changing the plot and the story in every other chapter. And the ending turned everything upside down once more.

You've just got to read this!

Favourite Quote:
“In the shadow my father has cast over my entire life, you are the only light I can see anymore. And, whatever the cost, I refuse to let that light be extinguished” 

Gathering Darkness
by Morgan Rhodes
Published: December 9, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment