Pages

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard


'And we will rise up, Red as the dawn.'


I decided to re-read this book before I started reading book #2 and I'm so glad that I did! It was even better than the first time!

First of all let's take a moment and admire this amazing cover. I love it! Even before I read the synopsis I knew I had to read this book! :)

The writing is captivating... It grabs you and doesn't let you go.
The world building is amazing, with detailed descriptions of places and buildings, the family houses, the colours, the abilities, the histories... I could picture everything right in front of me while I was reading it. The characters are so intriguing combined with their unique abilities. Even the Reds are awesome! You could totally connect with them and their cause. The atmosphere is electric. The feels... oh, the feels you get from this book are all over the place... You're up and down and you just don't know what to think and who to side with till the very end. The pacing was great, not a dull moment and even though I was re-reading the book, I was still on the edge of my seat throughout reading it! There's so many twists and turns that you just can't put it down.

'Anyone can betray anyone.'


I was team Cal from the beginning but I have to admit I changed my mind multiple times throughout this book. I did not see that ending coming! OMG that was amazing and intense and way out there awesome!

I'm so glad I have book #2 in my hands right now so that I can literally jump in! ;)


Favourite quote:

'In the stories, the old fairy tales, a hero comes. But all my heroes are gone or dead. No one is coming for me.'


Red Queen
by Victoria Aveyard
Publication: February 10, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment